Monday 15 June 2015

NEWSLINK: Teen faces off with mountain lion

Carl Hutto, 17, got up early that Sunday morning in hopes of getting his chores done  so he could go to the pool with his brother later in the day. Little did he know that something would stand in the way of his completing his tasks the morning of May 31, and that something stood about three feet tall and had sharp teeth and claws.
"I got up around 7 or 7:30 a.m. to start doing some weed whacking," said Hutto, who has lived in Bear Valley Springs with his aunt and uncle, Linda and Sam Hardman, for the past 13 years. "I started weed whacking the front part of the house around the parking lot, and when I finished that, I started walking up to the back of the house."
The Hardman home is located near the entrance to Bear Valley Springs.
About 150 yards behind the two-story red cedar home that Hutto shares with his aunt and uncle sits an old oak tree, an on May 31 the teen set out to clear the spring growth from under the tree.
"Before I got to set the weed whacker down to cut underneath this tree back there, I started hearing some wrestling above me, said Hutto. "That's when a mountain lion jumped out of the tree and landed about 5 or 6 feet in front of me. It did not look happy, but it also did not look angry."

No comments:

Post a Comment