Sunday 28 December 2014

NEWSLINK: Panthers already here in Mississippi?

Brian Broom, The Clarion-Ledger11:06 p.m. CST November 26, 2014

The Clarion-Ledger’s Sunday story about mountain lions moving closer to Mississippi drew a strong reaction from readers on social media. The majority felt this cat was long out of the bag and has already returned to the state.

Albert K. Stowers commented: “They have been around for years. I have seen two different ones.”

Robert E. Hays described his encounter.

“I just want you to know that I saw one in the middle of a sunny summer day when I was stone cold sober and on the job,” Hays wrote. “I was driving on Caney Creek Road south of Conehatta and one crossed the road, slowly, in front of me.

“As he started across, I saw him, and I slowed down so as not to hit what I thought was a dog. But it was not a dog. It was a mountain lion. He crossed the road about 50 feet in front of me and went into some tall grass where he turned and looked at me, now stopped!, before moving on off to the east.”

Katie Webb also said she has run into one.

“Saw one through the scope at 200 yds with my husband about a year ago here in the delta 20 (minutes) south of Greenwood,” Webb wrote on Facebook. “Watched it for about 3 minutes and there was no denying what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment