Friday 21 February 2014

History & Evolution of Big Cat Rescue

Big Cat Rescue did not start out as what it has become today.  My beliefs, and the sanctuary that reflects them, evolved over time.  It involved lessons that came from what I view today as horrible mistakes, and sometimes I feel terrible about how long some realizations took.  But I take great pride in what we have become and are accomplishing, and feel great excitement about what I believe we will accomplish in the future.

As detailed in How We Started, the sanctuary began when the search to purchase a pet bobcat kitten brought us unwittingly to a “fur farm” that sold a few  cats as pets, but primarily raised them to turn into fur coats.  We bought all 56 kittens to save them from being slaughtered.

read more

No comments:

Post a Comment