Saturday 4 January 2014

NEWSLINK-BIG CATS: Readers share cougar, bobcat photos, sightings


I am receiving lots of reports and photos from readers about wild cat sightings this summer.
Pat Walsh saw what he is confident was a mountain lion while riding his mountain bike alone up the dirt Rouse Hill Truck Trail above the Cranston Ranger Forest Service station in Valle Vista.
Hemet High teacher Pat Smith also saw a big cat on Rouse Road during two solo rides.
Smith crashed when the cougar crossed the road in front of him, then got back on his bike and rode away. Smith and Walsh urge people to be wary when riding the route.

Mary Moreland has seen a bobcat on several occasions in her back yard. She lives atop Sprague Heights in Valle Vista and sent me photos. Dolly Moreau sent me a photo of what she believes to be a mountain lion that crossed a San Jacinto street near her Park Hill area home. I hope I am correct thinking it is a bobcat. That's a settled neighborhood.
Photos from Moreland and Moreau are posted on my blog.READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment