Sunday 1 December 2013

UK SIGHTINGS: Somerset

Possible hiding place of the North Petherton 'big cat'. Photo: Alex Bowler

More 'big cat' sightings reported in Somerset

Possible hiding place of the North Petherton 'big cat'. Photo: Alex Bowler Possible hiding place of the North Petherton 'big cat'. Photo: Alex Bowler
SINCE reporting the sighting of a ‘big cat’ in North Newton, the Mercury has been contacted by a reader who says he has experienced three sightings – including one in North Petherton.
As reported, the ‘Beast of North Newton’ was caught on camera on land at Maunsel House.
The story attracted national coverage and now Alex Bowler, who lives near Weston, has set up a website detailing his sightings.
He said: “The first time I saw one I was terrified, the second time I was surprised and the third time, when I saw a black panther and what looked like a puma, together - I was amazed. Alex’s first ‘big cat’ sighting was in 1985 when he was with a friend on Croydon Hill on the Brendon Hills.
“We were stalked by a black panther,” he said. “I thank God that we turned around when we did because it was about 12ft away from us. They are very quiet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment